The best way to stay in the loop is to sign up for the email list
Other ways to get in touch:
- Email us at hello [at] bloomingveg.org
- Check out volunteer opportunities at the bottom of this page
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join the Facebook group
- Like the Facebook page
Use #bloomingveg on social media to show your veg finds at restaurants and stores.
We accept donations as a part of the Center for Sustainable Living, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
Ren (they/them/theirs) is an ’18 IU grad with their Batchelor’s in Animal Behavior. They’ve been vegan for 1.5 years and enjoy Indian and Thai food. Their hobbies include hiking, cooking, baking, and jamming to music.
Amber is the Potluck Organizer for BloomingVeg. She also sits on the board of our umbrella organization, the Center for Sustainable Living, as the BloomingVeg representative. Amber has been vegan since 2011 and was vegetarian multiple years prior to that. She began excluding meat and dairy because of the environmental impacts these industries cause. She maintains this lifestyle now because of the wonderful animals she’s met along the way, including a few of her favorites at Uplands PEAK: Wilson the cow, Bodhi the rooster, and Hank the pig.
Online Content Coordinator
Jessika Griffin has been standing up for farmed animals for 6 years. She can eat vegan pizza every day for eternity, loves to go camping, and lives with a gigantic tuxedo cat named Moo.
Co-Founder and Families & Children Coordinator
Kirstin Milks and her spouse, Frank, love raising their little vegan family in Bloomington and serving as the families coordinators for BloomingVeg! Together, they write a vegan food column for the Herald-Times, help out remotely with the family restaurant in Chicago, and enjoy planning and attending family-friendly vegan events. Kirstin loves cookies the size of her face, Dr. D.’s tonic with agave from Soma, and helping Frank with homemade vegan pizza.
VOLUNTEER WITH US
BloomingVeg has a variety of volunteer needs! Check out the details below and email hello [at] bloomingveg.org if you’re interested.
- Email and call restaurants to update our Dining Guide
- Hang posters, distribute flyers, stock newsstands with veg starter guides
- Help advertise in other ways (like post to online event calendars)
- Organize events like Happy Hour, Picnics, Family Activities, Grocery Store Tours, Dine Outs, etc.
- Organize kid friendly activities and DIY fundraisers (bake sales, lemonade stands)
- Organize volunteer days (and carpools) for Uplands PEAK Sanctuary
- Leaflet (see how easy it is here: [YouTube Video]
- Help organize and execute fundraising activities
- Anything else that you’re good at! Share an idea and we’ll talk about it!