Sign up for the email list
Email us at hello [at] bloomingveg.org
Check out volunteer opportunities on this page
Follow us on Instagram
Join the Facebook group
Like the Facebook page
Follow us on Twitter
Use #bloomingveg on social media to show your veg finds at restaurants and stores.
We accept donations as a part of the Center for Sustainable Living, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
Co-Founder and Families & Children Coordinator
Kirstin Milks and her spouse, Frank, love raising their little vegan family in Bloomington and serving as the families coordinators for BloomingVeg! Together, they write a vegan food column for the Herald-Times, help out remotely with the family restaurant in Chicago, and enjoy planning and attending family-friendly vegan events. Kirstin loves cookies the size of her face, Dr. D.’s tonic with agave from Soma, and helping Frank with homemade vegan pizza.
Ren (they/them/theirs) is an ’18 IU grad with their Batchelor’s in Animal Behavior. They’ve been vegan for 1.5 years and enjoy Indian and Thai food. Their hobbies include hiking, cooking, baking, and jamming to music.
Online Content Coordinator
Jessika Griffin has been standing up for farmed animals for 6 years. She can eat vegan pizza every day for eternity, loves to go camping, and lives with a gigantic tuxedo cat named Moo.
VOLUNTEER WITH US
BloomingVeg has a variety of volunteer needs! Check out the details below and email hello [at] bloomingveg.org if you’re interested.
- Email and call restaurants to update our Dining Guide
- Organize events like Vegan Drinks, Picnics, Family Activities, Grocery Store Tours, Dine Outs, etc.
- Organize kid friendly activities and DIY fundraisers (bake sales, lemonade stands)
- Organize volunteer days (and carpools) for Uplands PEAK Sanctuary
- Hang posters, distribute flyers, stock newsstands with veg starter guides
- Help advertise in other ways (like post to online event calendars)
- Leaflet (see how easy it is here: [YouTube Video]
- Help organize and execute fundraising activities
- Anything else that you’re good at! Share an idea and we’ll talk about it!